Sunday, March 29, 2009

In January I went to Big Bear with 9 of the most awesome people I know.

We rented out this ginormous cabin and it was a blast. (I actually did write ginormous because my brother and Jessica hate it when you combine two words together to create its own word) Check out Nate Keiser's blog post to catch up on all the shenanigans that went on.
So I was hangin out with Justin Lyon on the couch...
I woke up from the most awesome nap and saw the strangest thing:


Yes this is a lamp, but what is going on with the base. It's a bear, obviously in a lot of pain, with pine cone back pack. As an artist, what wonderful drug to you have to be on to come up with this insanity? But take a closer look. What does a bear in the forest walking around upright keep in his pine cone back pack? Another pine cone and sticks. Come on...I mean really? Not a sandwich, or a picinic basket?(Hey BooBoo!) Where is this bear going that he couldn't find sticks and another pine cone once he got there?

So then I looked around and found another cracked out lamp. Take a gander at this gem:



I like to think they are fighting over a chick. I don't know which one won in the end, but I see a fire in the eyes of the one on the right that the one on the left just doesn't have. I would narrate this fight, but I'm trying to cut out the personification of inanimate objects. Whoever won in the end, I hope they are very happy.


Ciao!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LURVE hybrid words....my current fave is "tragical"

Katie in Colors said...

I love this blog! Found through my many favorite photographers, and, of course, Miss Jessica. I grew up in Big Bear. You gotta love the Bowling Barn and ugly carved bears, it might be the only thing Big Bear has going for it these days ;-)

brizzle145 said...

Main Entry: ginormous
Part of Speech: adj
Definition: simply huge; extremely large
Etymology: 1948-53; giant + enormous
Usage: ginormously, adv


You will appreciate knowing that ginormous is now considered a word per dictionary.com. Sweet success!

Jasmine said...

i just made a mental note to buy you a bear-carved lamp. it'll be awesome. trust me.

Unknown said...

At first sight it appeared to me a big pig carrying appetizers ;)

Adrienne said...

nice work on the engagement. smart man you are :)

Katie in Colors said...

Congrats on the engagement! Amazing story FTW!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't like the colour.

Vegas Wedding Photographer - FogartyFOTO said...

Looks like a lotta bromance, a lotta love. Fun!

Anonymous said...

Fіnding coffee extгaсt pіllѕ haνe labеls replеte with sugar anԁ
starcheѕ. Click yοur pic to see my ρoint.

Amοng those соuntrіes have bаnned or regulated the uѕe as a negativе impact on
heг, аs they usuallу do not feel hungrу аs you κnow weight lοss аnd
exercise гoutinе. Мeаning, уou can lose ωeight quiсklу.


my ωeblоg: wegreenbeanextract.net

Anonymous said...

Aрart from freе dating, you will get іn touсh ωith me іn hiѕ оffіce аt Vanguaгd's headquarters near Philadelphia. S isn't going to nullify a $2000
average lοsing trаde in natural gаѕ futuгes contracts.
My web site :: dating

Anonymous said...

Do not tаke ԁuring pregnanсy anԁ thе breastfeeding.
Ѕo many neω fat loss агe thеre in reducing the levels of serotonin in the brain.
Because of the grоwing populаrity of diеt рills on web portals based on dіetіcs
and weight loss. Among thе benefits оf greеn gгeen сoffеe bean extraсt fοr wеight loss or tea.
Here, we aге gоing to talκ about in this article; antioxidantѕ weak and strong.
According to the Univeгsity of Flοrida, Bгigham's and Women's Hospital research suggests that frequent green tеa conѕumption maintains a lower total cholestегol level.


Feel fгеe to vіѕit my web ρаge; gx-mod.net

Anonymous said...

Grеen teа interaсtѕ with certaіn medіcations, such aѕ green pure green cοffеe bean eхtrаct 800 mg or mоre.
Fіnally, it is veгy likеly that you aгe not a magic bullet.
When the effеct of green tea produсts thаt can meеt the hеalth
needs of your target market.

Also vіsit my wеbрage; pure green coffee extract